Monday, March 6, 2017

A Brand New Beginning

Birthdays are about beginnings, so they say.  It's relevant, I promise.  This year has been one of big changes for me.  Some good, some bad, but the major realization happened the other day, as my husband stood in the living room and I was upset and frustrated.  He said the truest thing I had ever heard, but never realized.  "You are a non-traditional person," he said.  In my 30 years on this Earth, not once had I ever stopped to realize it.  Since then, that phrase remains a daily reminder for me.  It means different things...that I need to stop and accept myself for who I am, that I need to be positive in my life instead of negative, and to stop giving in to what I think I should be doing and instead doing things that I want to do.  I'm living my life for me now, so I'm going to pursue things that I want to do. 


This weekend we celebrated my wise husband's birthday, even though it isn't until next week.  We visited his family in Chicago and had a low-key party on Saturday night.  As we ventured home I shut my eyes and just started thinking.  I want to be positive and creative in my life and one thing that I've truly missed is writing.  I laid in the car and thought about what my new niche could be.  And then I remembered....I'm non-traditional, so I'm going to write about what I want.


So here's to new beginnings, new interests, and a new positive outlook.  Things won't always be perfect (see Happy Birthbay above), but that's what makes it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment