Wednesday, November 5, 2014

NYC Polish Queen's Jewel's Collection-My Picks!

*Press Samples
Hi there everyone, happy Hump Day!  The week continues on!  It's been a little rough getting back into working full time, not really the work itself, just the fact that I'm so dang exhausted.  I've gotten home each night and am just a worthless lump under my heated blanket.  Not so good when the in-laws are coming on Saturday!  

Today I have two really interesting polishes to share with you!  NYC is a drugstore brand that I've never tried before but I got to pick out some polishes to try.  I was really pleasantly surprised.  The Queen's Jewel's Collection is a new collection released for Fall made up of six Crystal Couture topcoats and three cremes.  At the time I picked these out I was in full blown gallbladder sickness so I picked out my two favorites to share with you so as not to get overwhelmed :)  Let's take a look below...

Rule the City-silver gunmetal metallic with red metallic glitter

This polish is such a cool polish, especially for something found at the drugstore.  I've never seen a combination like this and it's a great color for Fall.  The silver base didn't drown out the red which was really nice and the formula was really great.  This polish was really opaque.  I used two coats but it could easily be a one-coater.  Definitely a standout polish!





NY Princess-deep dark purple/black jelly base with purple and blue glitters

My second choice was a sparkly one of course :)  This polish is a pretty combo of a lighter metallic purple glitter and an aqua colored microglitter in a deep dark jelly base.  Like the first polish, I was really impressed that the glitters weren't swallowed by the base polish.  I chose to layer this polish over black, just because that's how I would personally chose to wear it so I figured that's how I would swatch it.  I used one easy coat over black with no formula problems at all.





Overall I really enjoyed both polishes.  I will admit I usually don't give drugstore polishes enough credit but both of these were really unique and had really great formulas!  

*Polishes in this post were sent for review in exchange for my honest opinion.

3 comments:

  1. Great picks! I really like the first one, so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this collection. I'm just sad that I could never find the blue one in stores!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is SHOCKING news in the sports betting world.

    It has been said that every bettor must watch this,

    Watch this now or stop betting on sports...

    Sports Cash System - Automated Sports Betting Software.

    ReplyDelete