Friday, November 1, 2013

Spiked Stripes Mani

Hi everyone, TGIF!  I love Fridays, especially this one.  My work project that was thrown on me that I had no time for will finally be in review today after two months of agonizing work on it.  Also, I haven't been home for the weekend in about a month so I am really looking forward to sitting back and relaxing.  I'll be working on some fall designs and reviews for the blog and going out to dinner and a craft fair with the hubby tonight.  Do you have any fun weekend plans?

Today I have a design that I made up on the fly, but really ended up loving.  I've never really been an overly girly person so I liked the edge that this mani had.  I named this the "Spiked Strikes" mani :)  I started with a base of OPI Sprung.  Although this came out in the Spring, I think it makes a great Fall color.  I took one of my all-time favorite blues, OPI Blue My Mind, and created a thick stripe down the center.  I repeated this with OPI Sprung and then created the smallest stripe with Essie Licorice.  When the black polish was still wet, I took a pointy nail art brush and did brush strokes from the center and swiping out.  I did one side of the stripe and then alternated the opposite side.




In the end, I quite liked this punk-y mani.  What do you think?  Would this be something you would try?

3 comments:

  1. I love the effect - very striking! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's quite mesmerizing. Very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome! I find myself liking the edgy looks as well!

    ReplyDelete