Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Frosted Gingerbread Cookie Mani

Hi everyone, welcome to Tuesday.  Hopefully your week is going well.  Work went by quickly for me yesterday so I'm hoping for that again today.  I can't believe we are already in December.  I had a little bit of a panic moment on Saturday when I realized that I hadn't thought of gifts for anyone.  Cyber Monday was a good day for me because we ended up buying gifts online for just about everyone on our list.  Did anyone else partake in Cyber Monday?  Admittedly I did pick up some clothes for myself as well :)

Today I have a mani I did over the weekend when the Christmas nail art bug bit me.  I think it's probably because I did no nail art over the week that I was in Florida, so when I got back, I needed to do all of the nail art!  I really like the final product of this one.


I took my inspiration from a picture of frosted gingerbread cookies that I saw while browsing the holiday section of Pinterest.  I would hate to know how many hours of my life are gone from browsing Pinterest :)  I started with a base of OPI San Tan-tonio and used a Winstonia nail art brush and Maybelline Porcelain Party to create the white cookie design, snowflake, and garland.  For my accent nail I used OPI The World is Not Enough with a layer of OPI Lights of Emerald City.


What do you think of my cookie nails?  Do you like gingerbread cookies?   I hate to say it but I don't think I've ever even tried a gingerbread cookie....oops!  If you missed it yesterday, you can check out my current giveaway here.

7 comments:

  1. Oh this is refreshing, I never seen this sort of icing on ginger bread design before, nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I love gingerbread cookies and his makes me crave for them :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! I love the idea of these being on cookies too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is too cute! love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Thanks for giving feedback on my blog, now it’s my turn! :) First a great thing about your blog: you have really pretty pictures – I especially love the sort of upside down hand pose, if you know which one I mean? :)
    Then, something else: I think your banner could be a bit more eye-catching – maybe change the font, put the blogtitle in the middle, or add some pictures to your banner? (my banner is also not so eye-catching and someone commented about it, that’s why I’m thinking about it here as well). I like the lay-out of your blog and the personal information you share – I mean, you say something about your day or about some holiday, and I like that :) And of course the great nail art is also a great plus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin, thanks for the input and your nice words. The upside down hand pose is my favorite :) I totally agree with you about my banner, it's pretty bad haha! I'll have to see if my husband can come up with something for me. I really appreciate the feedback!

      Delete