Thursday, September 4, 2014

China Glaze Surprise Collection (full)-Swatches and Review

Hi polish friends, happy Thursday.  Unfortunately I don't know the results of my two spine MRIs from yesterday yet.  The doctor thought he would be able to look at them but it was a no go.  Basically in the next two days if I get a call from him it's bad, if I don't get a call, it's good.   I did however get upped on my dose of migraine medicine and put on a second migraine medicine which should also help me sleep.  Now I guess I just painstakingly wait for two days haha!  I was so tired after yesterday I went to bed at 9:15 after falling asleep with my computer balanced on me :)  

Today I have another collection to show you, one which isn't new, but I still wanted to show anyways.  It's weird because this collection has been out at my Sally's since the Summer but it just came out at my Ulta in the last week or two.  Let's get right to it!  China Glaze's Surprise Collection consists of six chunky glitter polishes, all with clear bases, all with mixes of matte and shiny glitters.

Glitter Up-dark blue, light blue, light peach, and dark peach hexes.  One coat over China Glaze Capacity to See Beyond.




Don't Be a Flake-black, aqua, and rose gold holographic hex glitters.  One coat over China Glaze Intelligence, Integrity & Courage.




I'm a Go Glitter-lime green, fuchsia, and aqua hex glitters.  Two coats over Essie Take it Outside.




Shine-nanigans-fuchsia, violet, and pale green hexes.  Two coats over L'oreal Flashing Lilac.




Create A Spark-black, periwinkle, and pink holographic hexes.  One coat over Essie Style Cartel.




Glimmer More-fuchsia, peach, pale pink, and pale yellow hexes.  One coat over Essie Partner in Crime.




The formula was pretty much the same across the board.  Some of the polishes had a little too much clear base and needed two coats to get a good amount of glitter on the nail.  This collection was just okay for me.  Some of the glitter colors repeated too much for my liking so it was hard to distinguish the polishes from one another.  Also, the best method to apply these was the "blob and dab" method instead of applying them like a normal polish.  My favorites were Don't Be a Flake and Glimmer More.  Did you pick up any from this collection?

2 comments:

  1. I love glitter so these were nice to see. Bummer that they have so much base to them though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I'll like this collection..blob and dab is something I am NOT a fan of...the glitter colour combinations are different though which is nice to see.

    ReplyDelete