Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Valentine's Glitter Combinations-5 "Genres"

Hi everyone, welcome to Wednesday.  We had a huge storm overnight which is still going on right now.  We are snowed in today but I will still be working from home.  Today I have something that I came up with when I came home yesterday right when the snow whiteouts started.  I came up with 5 different "genres" of Valentine's manis that I think would be fun to sport on February 14th.  Let's get right into it.

"Traditional"

Traditional obviously involves colors like pink, red, and white.  For this combo I went with Rainbow Honey Apple Kid and OPI Minnie Style.


"Soft and Delicate"

This category makes up the soft pinks and purples with really girly and subtle glitter.  For this combination I went with Essie Go Ginza and Nicole by OPI Inner Sparkle.


"Hot and Fiesty"

This category is more spicy than the others and involves deep reds and vampy colors.  For this combination I went with Zoya Pepper and Sweet Heart Polish Jordan's A Star.


"Purple-licious"

Although not a traditional Valentine's color, purple is a fun twist on the classic colors.  For this combination I went with OPI A Grape Fit! and OPI Divine Swine.


"Candy-Inspired"

One of my favorites, I wanted a category inspired by Valentine's candy, especially the little chalky hearts.  For this combination I went with OPI Sweet Heart and Candy Lacquer Licorice Allsorts.


So I'm curious, which category is your favorite?  :)

10 comments:

  1. What pretty combinations you came up with for Valentine's Day! I would probably wear the candy-inspired one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are pretty! I love all your photos/swatches, you always seem to amaze me :) My favourite is "soft & delicate" :)

    xo Maddy | spilledpolish

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the "soft and delicate" and "candy inspired" lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love "Candy Inspired"! It looks like a cupcake :-)

    Christal
    LipstickAndPonytails

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea! I think "soft and delicate" is my favourite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all gorgeous but my two favorites are "Purple-licious" and "Candy Inspired." I have that Candy Lacquer in my collection and I can't wait to wear it. It's such an awesome glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe I looooove the Candy Inspired mani! This post is just too cute! I may have to do something similar on my own blog with the different 'Valentine's Day Styles'. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh fun categories!! I love Soft and Delicate and Purple-licious!

    ReplyDelete